Enermax Revolution SFX 650W Power Supply Review

Enermax Revolution SFX 650W

Performance: 9.8/10 (40% of the final score)
Performance was awesome for this little unit. I'm blown away at what Enermax could achieve with such a small form factor. Not only that, but it also nets an extra 50 watts over its Corsair competition. The tiny fan can be a bit louder than an ATX sized unit which leaves me wondering if a different fan type might have helped.

Features: 9/10 (20% of the final score)
The Revolution SFX is a treat. Its greatest features are its form factor and performance. That alone makes this a great PSU. However, Enermax stepped up and included the elusive conversion bracket. The addition of the Bluetooth speaker was unexpected. In truth, I do not consider it a feature or even a selling point for the Revolution SFX. It's more of a novelty item in my eyes.

Components/Build Quality: 9.8/10 (20% of the final score)
Build quality was fantastic on the Revolution SFX. Enermax chose to partner with CWT as the OEM for the Revolution SFX. The quality is great and CWT have done a fantastic job building out these units. As I previously mentioned, I think I would have preferred a better fan, but the included one is plenty capable.

Value: 10/10 (20% of the final score)
At the time of writing, Amazon has the Enermax Revolution SFX 650w for $117.99. The competing Corsair SF600 comes in at $119.99 and does not include the ATX adapter plate. Looking at the other major competition, the Silverstone 600w unit is $123.99, however the unit currently has a $15 rebate, bring the cost down to $108.99. The Enermax is clearly a great value, and based on its merit's I think it's potentially the best offering in the SFX market.

Performance

Features

Components/Build Quality

Value

Final Score 9.68

Conclusion

What all does this mean? It means that you should stop putting off that small form factor pc you keep meaning to build and go buy an Enermax Revolution SFX! This unit has been very exciting and makes me smile every time I look at it. It's such a small package, but delivers performance on par with some great full size ATX PSU's. It is the perfect entry for Enermax into the SFX market and it's priced just right. The Revolution SFX is a wonderful unit that would be the perfect addition to any small form factor build, we highly recommend you check it out.

eXtreme Outer Vision Recommended

Enermax Revolution SFX 650W

Enermax Revolution SFX 650W Power Supply

5 Year Warranty, Fully Modular

80 PLUS Gold

Buy Now from Amazon